This summer has been particularly hot. The weather center issued heatwave advisories several times and it was impossible to run away from the scorching heat. However, in spite of the unusually hot weather, we all have spent as hot and passionate a summer as the sun. Some might have gone on an MT with school club members, traveled abroad, or studied one’s major to prepare for the near future. This summer, which was spent doing something we like or with someone we like, is almost at the end. Now, when it’s time for us to return to our daily school routine, I introduce this article to you, hoping to remember our hot summer a little longer.
Q1: Could you explain to me about your look today?
Q2: What do you usually like to wear?
Q3: What is one thing that you think you did well, and one thing that you feel sorry about not doing this summer?
- Kang Miri / New Materials Engineering / I had a meeting with club members today so I paid a little attention to today’s look. / I like to wear big and comfortable clothes. / I did well to go to Jeju Island with my friends, and I feel sorry about not registering for a vocal academy.
- Jeong Jaebin / Computer Engineering / I didn’t care much about today’s look because I just went out to meet my friends today. / I love the color beige and long skirts. / I rested really well this summer, doing nothing but watching movies and laying on my bed. I feel bad that I failed to lose weight.
- Kim Gyumin / Visual Communication Design / I wore long pants because it’s cold where I’m working due to the air conditioner. / I buy a lot of my clothes from vintage shops. / I did well to work in a design studio where my senior is working, too. I feel bad about doing one design work that the client required modification so many times. I worked for so many hours that I didn’t even get the minimum wage.
- Nam Jeong-hyun / Electricity and Electronic Engineering / I tried to wear comfortable but cool clothes today. / I wear crop tops with wide pants a lot, like today. / I’m happy that I spent time with my family and friends this summer. However, I’m sad that I failed to lose weight.
- Choi Wonho / Painting / I wore dark clothes because it rained today. / I like to wear slightly larger clothes than my body. / I did well to visit Busan, my hometown. I visited some galleries and met my old friends while I was staying there. I feel bad about not spending time on my personal work (painting).
- Lee Woojae / Visual Communication Design / I recently bought new pants so I wore them today. / I love to dress casually. / One thing I feel good and bad at the same time about this summer is that I spent it without any set plans.
- Sim Young-long / Visual Communication Design / I would call today’s look my “KTX look.” I tried to dress as comfortably as possible because I had to spend a long time on a KTX train. / I enjoy wearing casual and hiphop styles. / I think I did well to stay home and relax. However, I’m sad that I didn’t travel anywhere this summer.
- Yoon Hyo-young / Visual Communication Design / Since I visited Europe this summer, I started to wear clothes I like, such as this sleeveless shirt, without being aware of the way other people are looking at me. / I also like vivid colors rather than achromatic ones. / I did well to go to Europe. Especially, it was so fun rowing a boat by myself on water from the melting glaciers in Switzerland. / I’m sorry that I failed to go volunteering in Mongol, because I also applied for another oversea inquiry program.
Lee Sunho firstname.lastname@example.org
<저작권자 © 홍익대영자신문사, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>